Saturday, November 22, 2008

Homeward Bound

We've found that music often portrays our feelings better than words can express. When we listened to 'Homeward Bound' on a Tabernacle choir CD, in many ways it said what we are feeling:

In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing and the sky is clear and red,
When the summer's ceased its gleaming, when the corn is past its prime,
When adventure's lost its meaning, I'll be homeward bound in time.
Bind me not to the pasture; chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and I'll return to you somehow.

If you find it's me you're missing, if you're hoping I'll return, To your thoughts I'll soon be listening, in the road I'll stop and turn.
Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end, and the path I'll be retracing when I'm homeward bound again.
Bind me not to the pasture; chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and I'll return to you somehow.





And so, our mission journey nears its end. We have less than 4 weeks left in Michigan, and the path to home we'll soon be retracing. The sacrifice of our children and family, in some instances, has been great. But they 'set us free to find our calling' and we'll return to them somehow. What a special journey it has been. Filled with challenges and growth, great joy and love. It has not been easy. We suppose it was not intended to be. Kind of like our journey through life. And when that journey is near its end, we know these years will be treasured, never to be forgotten ones.

2 comments:

betty said...

What a beautiful thought. I love that song, it has so many wonderful memories for me. I am so glad you are coming home...but can somewhat understand your longing to hold on to the wonderful blessings and activities of your mission. They will be in your heart and mind forever. And we will all continue to grow from your experiences through the years.

Brunner said...

Yea!!! We are so excited.