Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Changing of the Guard - Step 1

Well, it was inevitable. The day we would be released from our mission seemed so far off. It looms ever closer.

Last night we were notified that it is official. A couple has been called to take our place in the Mission Office when we depart in a little over 2 months. We have a definite mix of emotions. We're very excited to be home with our children and grandchildren. It will be great to see friends and family. But leaving our missionaries and Michigan experiences is not something we are ready for.

Nevertheless, ready or not, December 19th will be here before we know it. We were concerned if we would have sufficient time to train the new couple. There is so much to running a mission office. We knew it would take at least a month. We're ever so grateful that they will be here around mid November. It took us much longer than a month to learn. We're sure they will be much faster learners than we were.

And so, the beginning of the end is in sight. Who knew it would be so bittersweet.

5 comments:

On Purpose said...

Hello, I am stopping by because Heidi has been on my mind and heart lately.

Praying for her and knowing God loves her greatly!

On Purpose said...

Thank you for updating me, I will continue to pray for her!

Love to you and prayers up to Him!

Tiffany said...

Holy Moly! I can't wait! woo hoo! Here's a tid bit for you: My nephew's mission president recommended that at the end of his mission he go to the temple, and while in the celestial room, pray for confirmation from the Lord that his mission was complete and accepted by the Lord. He said it was a great way to be able to leave the people he loved and to move on with his life. I know it was a neat spiritual experience for him, so I thought I'd share.

I'm excited to see you at Christmas!!!

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I know how much you love your mission, but boy are we excited to have you home again. We miss you like crazy!!