Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missing You

Tonight I am missing my family. A few things happened tonight that brought my thoughts more than ever to home and family. Not bad things, just remembering and wishing and thinking, seeing photos and hearing music that makes me remember them. I hope I never take them for granted.

In the midst of those thoughts are those of September 11, 2001, when the world changed forever. Thousands of families will not be together again in this lifetime because of this day. I hope I never forget those who have, and are still, paying the price for this tragedy. I'm more grateful than ever for America, the land of freedom and goodness. Sometimes there is great reason for concern for our great country and its people. Still, it stands as a beacon and light for the rest of the world. I honor those who have sacrificed for our safety and freedom. My missing of family is small in comparison to theirs.

A sweet childs song comes to mind "I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Fathers plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can..."

How grateful I am to know that families can be together forever because of the great love of our Savior and His sacrifice. We truly are a blessed people.

No comments: